Sunday, June 10, 2012

Slow down, calendar

Has it really been three weeks?!? 
I leave Friday night for Hyderabad to catch a flight to Bangalore, where I am on "vacation" (aka 2 weeks of hindi cramming before I start classes).  Found two lovely little hotels for $21 and $14 per night, so I'll be dividing my time among them and the streets where I shall practice not only my listening skills (which are pretty good, thank you, Bollywood) but also my speaking skills. 
And then, when I'm in the hotel at night, to guarantee my safety, mother-dear, I will have tv channels with bollywood films and hindi shows, and a list of vocabulary & $15-worth-of-my-Mizzou-printing-quota of hindi worksheets to suffer through.  Oh, and I have a couple of friends and their families to see.  I'm hoping the boys will teach me cricket and that their wives will let me analyze their works in the kitchen.  Maybe I can figure out how to make one's arms tingle due to the spice level. . . maybe.
So, that's in five days.
That means only five days left with my babies.  Five days isn't a lot.
Then again, it's only been 3 weeks, and that's not that long either.  But in that time, J. has learned to move himself all over the room--backwards, forwards, and in rotation.  And M. has learnt all her letters on the keyboard, as well as how to write her numbers and half the alphabet.  R. started  walking yesterday (I saw her first two steps, but she didn't do anymore while I was around. Then today, we went to visit, and she was walking all over the place, and I was the ridiculous, over-excited "MAAA" recording it all on video.)
And lots of other kids have just received some stretching, muscle strengthening, and encouragement in the mobility and feeding areas of life. But mostly the past three weeks have just been hugs and kisses and smiles and attention and lovey-dovey goodness.  And I'm okay with that.
It's been good.  Maybe by Friday I'll be ready to move on. But right now: sleep, and then to hold some babies as they begin their days.  I miss our crazy nights and dancing on the roof

No comments:

Post a Comment