Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Silly Songs with. . .

I have a big problem.  There's a song stuck in my head.  Thankfully, it goes away when I'm inside for a couple of hours--as long as I don't look out the window. 

Anyways, here it is, as well as with my little additions from life in India:

Everybody has a waterbuffalo (well, it does seem that way:  The neighbors have some with calves.  The decrepit old lady I walk past swats hers when she's having a bad day.  The coconut guy uses his to pull his cart.)
Yours is fast, but mine is slow (true, most seem to barely move, but then there was that one galloping towards my auto the other day.)
Oh, where'd we get them? I don't know (I don't know either, Larry the cucumber)
BUT Everybody has a waterbuffalo..ooooooooooooo

In the VeggieTales version, the waterbuffalo goes to the store with Larry.  I do have yet to see one enter the supermarket (like half the size of aldi's in Lebanon), but they do hang out at the other shops on the street, rummaging through the trash. 

Other things about songs:
There's a little boy at the baby house that loves to sing.  Sometimes he'll come to me asking for a particular song (by doing "nanana" and the actions from "Every Move I Make").  Other times he'll just sing to himself and help the other kids clap their hands and wave their arms and stuff, which is also fun :)

Jenny, the girl from Texas, and I had a singalong with the schoolgirls the other day, which was quite fun.  I think we went through every Sunday School action-oriented song we've ever known.  Father Abraham was a little tough though in the heat!

In other news:  M. wrote her entire alphabet for the first time yesterday.  I've written my final OT unofficial report, with suggestions for the foster parents or volunteers to possibly carry through some of the things I've done.   I've had pizza, cake, and scones with the volunteer director's family, which were very delicious. 

The first rain has happened, and MAN, does it make a difference in people's attitudes as well as the ability to be outside.  Today the sun popped out all the way through the clouds, which made a very excited me.  I'm probably the only one who is excited though. 

The neighbors and I keep hanging out (not the ones who offered a proposal to me for their son, mind you).  The girls keep pinching my cheeks and telling me I'm so white.  Hah, if they only saw what my covered stomach and legs look like...  I also learned that the reason the ayahs kept pinning my sari up when I thought it was fine is because of status.  I guess the higher in society you are, the more you cover up.  I had just thought my completely white stomach was atrocious to look at and so they didn't want people to laugh, or didn't want me to burn.

And, I've realized I'm going to have so many saris by the end of this trip for everyone who wants one back home that I'll be shipping a box back to the States rather than carrying them all through Europe and paying extra costs on every single flight. That said, just let me know what color you want, and I'll add yours to the bunch!  

No comments:

Post a Comment