Sunday, July 8, 2012

Voh blahblahbblahbhlahblahbhbhalah raha hai.

So, I missed several hours of class last week because my stomach was having a civil war within itself on Friday and Saturday.  Needless to say, those hours will all probably be made up this week and next...which means I'm likely going to be DRAINED every day.  Drained, but having some fun too :)

Even with only 3 days of class though, my hindi is REALLY improving.

My verb conjugation is better, as is my vocabulary, as is my ability to listen when ek yaar speaks REALLY fast. (Hence the title of today's post). 

While feeling as though I was lying on my deathbed (slight exaggeration), I watched 3 Idiots--a wonderful little 3 hour, critically acclaimed film with my favorite Bollywood actor.  This is probably the sixth time I've seen it, though likely only the third time I've actually paid attention to the whole thing. 

Even though I know the story and can do ridiculous Bollywood dance moves to all the songs, this time was different.  This time, the subtitles were turned off. This time, I could pick up about 100 new vocabulary that I learned only in last week.  This time, I felt like I could point to the buckets in the bathroom stalls and other props in the film and go "oh yeahhh.... that makes sense now."

So, I don't really know what else to say :)  Par, shayad ek din meri hindi bahut acchi hogi? 

No comments:

Post a Comment