Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bonjour, Europe!

This is the part of my trip that is pure fun.  Thank you all who gave graduation gifts and helped me make the next 16 days AWESOME.

Currently I am sitting in Kiev, Ukraine, at the airport, awaiting my flight and lightly grazing on some white chocolate because I am too lazy to buy any pricy food.  Actually I haven't looked at the costs, but I'm just going to assume I'd have a heart attack paying so much after getting curry and naan and leftovers for $3 for the past 2.5 months!

Itinerary for those of you are curious: 
And I have no issues posting my whereabouts because it's subject to change and would probably be pretty hard to track me down :)

Today, in a few hours:  Prague, Czech Republic.  I have a friend there, whom I met flying back to the USA from Morocco, so we're going to have a lot of fun after not seeing each other in 18 months.
Friday:  Vienna.
Saturday: Budapest.
Sometime after that:  possibly Zagreb, Croatia. or somewhere else that I hear is cool, or maybe somewhere not so cool but just weird like Slovenia.  I mean, there must be something interesting about the random, less visited countries, right?
Next Wednesday: Salzburg, to see a friend from high school...whom I haven't seen since high school. He's in a choir there this summer, which is convenient for me :)
Thereafter: Possibly France to see a couple friends I met this summer.
And definitely Spain, to see MARIA LOPEZ who some of you met at thanksgiving and the lakehouse over the last 2 years.
And then Ireland, which I have to see because that's where it was cheapest to fly away from.

Then I meet Kendra & Ezekiel in Chicago so I can love on my adorable nephew.  And then I meet my old roomies and we take the bus home and I move into my new place and think about "oh, school starts in 1.5 days" and my brain will be as crazy as an Indian marketstreet.  And then life happens.

But now, starting today, I'm just gonna have fun :)  And pretend my bank account isn't going to be the size of a raisin when I get home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment